US condemns terror attack on Pakistan hospital that killed at least 75

The US on Monday strongly condemned the terror attack at a hospital in Pakistan’s restive Balochistan province and offered assistance to the Pakistani government in its bid to bring to justice the perpetrators of the assault.

“Our hearts go out to the families and other loved ones of more than 60 killed and we wish a speedy recovery to the dozens more injured. The US is committed to our continuing counter-terrorism partnership with Pakistan, and we remain resolute in joining with the people of Pakistan in confronting terrorism in Pakistan and across the region,” Josh Earnest WH Press Secretary, said. “The United States condemns in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks today in Quetta, including the bombing at the Civil Hospital that killed dozens of Pakistanis and wounded much more, and the murder of Bilal Anwar Kasi, president of the Baluchistan Bar Association,” the State Department spokesperson Elizabeth Trudeau, said. “We send our deepest condolences to the loved ones of those killed and injured, and we offer our assistance to Prime Minister Sharif as his government investigates and works to bring the murderers to justice,” she said.

Trudeau said the terrorists targeted a hospital, as well as the judiciary and the media, two of the most important pillars of every democracy.”The victims at the Civil Hospital, many of them lawyers and journalists, were gathered as free citizens to mourn the murder of Kasi,” she said.”These brutal and senseless attacks only deepen our shared resolve to defeat terrorism around the world, and we will continue to work with our partners in Pakistan and across the region to combat the threat of terrorism,” Trudeau said.

At least 75 people were killed and 115 others injured on Monday when a Taliban suicide bomber struck them in Pakistan’s restive Balochistan province in one of the deadliest terror attacks in the country this year. The bomber struck at a time when over 200 mourners had gathered at the government-run Civil Hospital in Quetta where the body of prominent lawyer Bilal Anwar Kasi, who was shot dead earlier in the day, was brought.

Corporation Commissioner Inspects Amma Unavagams as Part of Quality Assessment Drive

Coimbatore Corporation Commissioner M Sivaguru Prabakaran inspected Amma Unavagams across the city to upgrade infrastruc...

Sulur Minor Girl Sexual Assault and Murder Case: Judicial Custody Till June 5 for Accused Undergoing Treatment at GH

In the sexual assault and murder case of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur, Coimbatore, one of the accused Karthik has been...

Free 3D artificial limb camp for differently-abled in Coimbatore

Narayan Seva Sansthan will organise a free corrective surgery screening and 3D artificial limb measurement camp for diff...

Sulur Minor Girl Murder: Police Register POCSO Case Against Arrested Accused

POCSO charges have been invoked in the Sulur minor girl murder case after police investigations confirmed that the child...

DMK State Art and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary Meena Jayakumar Resigns from All Party Posts

Meena Jayakumar, DMK State Arts and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary, resigned from all party positions including basic...

Second suspect in Sulur minor girl murder case remanded

Mohanraj, the second accused in the murder of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur in Coimbatore, has been remanded to judicial...