13 Syrian children killed in Aleppo, one week after 5yo Omran's video shocked the world

Eleven children, including an infant, were killed in a barrel bomb attack carried out by government forces on a rebel-held neighbourhood of eastern Aleppo.

Video of the aftermath of the incident shows rescue workers pulling out the lifeless bodies of children from under the rubble.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said two children were also killed in rebel shelling on government-held western Aleppo.

Footage of five-year-old Omran, who survived an air strike in Aleppo last week, was watched by millions, but nothing has changed on the ground in the northern Syrian city.

"The public attention may have faded after one week of the video and picture of Omran went viral, but Omran and the 85,000 children of besieged Aleppo are still suffering," Dr. Zaher Sahloul from the United States-based Syrian American Medical society told the ABC.

Dr. Sahloul and his colleagues working inside Aleppo were instrumental in bringing the story of little Omran to the world's attention.

He is frustrated that one week later, despite the global outrage, nothing has changed on the ground in the northern Syrian city.

"We can't blame ignorance or lack of information but we can blame our indifference," Dr Sahloul said.

"If the policy-makers are not moved by the pictures of Omran and other children, we have to make sure to hold them accountable.

"Syrian children deserve a safe and happy life like our children."

Corporation Commissioner Inspects Amma Unavagams as Part of Quality Assessment Drive

Coimbatore Corporation Commissioner M Sivaguru Prabakaran inspected Amma Unavagams across the city to upgrade infrastruc...

Sulur Minor Girl Sexual Assault and Murder Case: Judicial Custody Till June 5 for Accused Undergoing Treatment at GH

In the sexual assault and murder case of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur, Coimbatore, one of the accused Karthik has been...

Free 3D artificial limb camp for differently-abled in Coimbatore

Narayan Seva Sansthan will organise a free corrective surgery screening and 3D artificial limb measurement camp for diff...

Sulur Minor Girl Murder: Police Register POCSO Case Against Arrested Accused

POCSO charges have been invoked in the Sulur minor girl murder case after police investigations confirmed that the child...

DMK State Art and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary Meena Jayakumar Resigns from All Party Posts

Meena Jayakumar, DMK State Arts and Literature Wing Deputy Secretary, resigned from all party positions including basic...

Second suspect in Sulur minor girl murder case remanded

Mohanraj, the second accused in the murder of a 10-year-old girl near Sulur in Coimbatore, has been remanded to judicial...